The Mazatapec spore is collected by the Mazatec Indians near Huautla de Jimenez, Mexico. It is used by the Mazatec Indians for Shaman ceremonies, generally held to heal pain. This ritualistic use helped in making this strain known around the world. The original name for this Psilocybe Mushroom was Mazatec but due to a spelling error, it became Mazatapec. It took a whole year to discover this mistake and by then the online Mushroom community had already adopted the Mazatec as the Mazatapec.
– Cultivation Difficulty: Easy
– Substrate: Dung, Straw, Various grains
– Potency: Moderate to potent
– Colonization time: 10 – 13 days
– Colonization temperature: 28 – 30 ℃
– Fruiting temperature: 23 – 26 ℃